In addition to conducting tests daily at the Blasdell and Mattina offices, Neighborhood Health Center will be hosting a two-day event for FREE Community & General Public Drive-Up COVID-19 Testing at the Northwest office.
Free Community Drive-Up COVID-19 Testing at Neighborhood Health Center | Northwest (155 Lawn Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14207) will be available for the following:
- Thursday, June 11, 2020 from 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Friday, June 12, 2020 from 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Additional FREE Community Drive-Up COVID-19 Testing is available Monday - Friday at the following Neighborhood Health Center locations:
- Neighborhood Health Center | Mattina - 300 Niagara Street, Buffalo, NY 14201
- (Effective 6/8/2020 until further notice) Monday - Friday from 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Neighborhood Health Center | Blasdell - 4233 Lake Avenue, Blasdell, NY 14219
- (Effective 6/8/2020 until further notice) Monday & Wednesday from 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM and Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
These Neighborhood Health Center public testing sites are now available as a means to reinforce state efforts to manage the spread of the COVID-19 virus in Western New York.
Although not required, calling Neighborhood Health Center at (716) 875-2904 to setup a testing appointment is encouraged. Tests will be provided on a first come, first served basis. Please note that the first COVID-19 test is FREE and covered by New York State. Any additional tests thereafter would be patient responsibility where screening for a sliding fee discount is available. Please read the following information carefully prior to arrival:
Eligibility for Testing:
- Open to all asymptomatic (showing no symptoms) and symptomatic individuals
- In need of a test to return to work (with or without symptoms)
- You do not have to be a Neighborhood Health Center patient or need insurance for testing
Testing Individuals will be asked to:
- Present photo ID and insurance card (if applicable)
- Fill out necessary paperwork to administer test
- Screen for a sliding fee scale discount (if applicable)
- Review the Erie County Commissioner COVID-19 Isolation Order for proper isolation measures
How it Works:
- Neighborhood Health Center Drive-Up COVID-19 Tests involves a nasal swab while staying in your car. Although an appointment or referral is not necessary to receive testing, calling us ahead of time at (716) 875-2904 is encouraged. Please note that if presenting symptoms, try to drive yourself to the testing site to maintain good social distancing. However, this is not required. You may still get tested if you are the passenger instead of the driver. Multiple people who need testing may drive together.
- All tests will be processed through Quest Diagnostics, and those individuals who are tested at the Drive-Up site will receive a phone call with their results from a Neighborhood Health Center provider. If tested, individuals will be asked to stay home and avoid public transit and places (like the grocery stores) until their results are received.
If your symptoms worsen or if you experience difficulty breathing or have other signs of a medical emergency, please seek emergency care.
Neighborhood Health Center continues to accept new patients, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. For more information or to enroll as a new patient, please CLICK HERE or call us directly at (716) 875-2904.