Neighborhood Health Center is privileged to be one of a few regional agencies participating in this historic effort to vaccinate the community. Following the New York State Department of Health priority list, and for the week of Monday, January 4, 2021, Neighborhood Health Center is proud to now offer the COVID-19 vaccine to those in the community who are identified within the Phase 1A category of medical/healthcare personnel and first responders, including:
- High-risk hospital and Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) staff, including Office of Mental Health (OMH) psychiatric centers
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS) personnel
- Medical Examiners and Coroners
- Funeral workers who have direct contact with infectious material and bodily fluids
- Agency staff and residents in congregate living situations run by the Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD), OMH and Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS)
- Urgent Care providers
- Staff administering the COVID-19 vaccine
- All Outpatient/Ambulatory frontline, high-risk health care providers who provide direct in-person patient care or other staff in a position where they have direct contact with patients, such as receptionists, of any age
- All frontline, high-risk public health workers who have direct contact with patients
- Healthcare workers at testing site
Appointments for qualified individuals are required. To schedule an appointment online and to check your eligibility through the New York State Department of Health website, visit on.ny.gov/35qZT9t. To schedule your appointment and check eligibility by phone, please call the Health Center at (716) 875-2904.
All individuals MUST bring proof of eligibility for the vaccine to the appointment. This could include an employee ID card, a letter from an employer or affiliated organization, or pay stub.
This week's community COVID-19 vaccination opportunity (for Phase 1A priority individuals only) at the Health Center include the following:
- Mattina: Tuesday, January 5, 2021 | 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Northwest: Wednesday, January 6, 2021 | 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Blasdell: Thursday, January 7, 2021 | 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
For more information on the COVID-19 vaccine and to view patient FAQs, click here.